College is a place to learn and know your responsibilities in near future. In a college a student has to know his responsibilities because teachers and parents make him realize that college life is tougher than school life. In Intermediate the choice of subjects solely depends on students own interests and likes. Intermediate in Commerce which is called as I.COM is one of the choices in intermediate. A student has many career paths after choosing this subject for example he can go into Accounting, Banking, Commerce, Economics and Business Mathematics, statics and many other subjects. The two years in college lays the foundation of future professional career of the student.
The list of optional and compulsory subjects in Intermediate Commerce (I.Com): Here is given below the list of compulsory and elective subjects in part 1 and part 2 of I.Com.
- Islamic Education/ Pakistan Studies
- Principles of Accounting (Part 1)
- Principles of Accounting (Part 2)
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Commerce
- Computer Studies/Banking
- Business Mathematics
Eligibility Criteria for Intermediate Commerce (I.Com):
All the students who have qualified their Matriculation, O-Level or equivalent examination from any recognized Board / University can take admission in (Intermediate Commerce I.Com) programs.
Admission Procedure and Required Documents:
Candidate has to get prospectus of the desired institution offering intermediate programs in which he wants to get admission then after filling the admission form he has to attach his academic documents and then admission fee is deposited. The required documents include:
- Attested photocopies of SSC Result Card/ Certificate issued by the board.
- Photocopy of Character Certificate.
- Colored Photographs (passport size)
- Photocopy of Students’ NIC /Form B.
- Photocopy of Fathers’ NIC.
- Photocopy of Board’s Registration Certificate.
- Students pass SSC Exams from other Boards must deposit Original Migration Certificate (NOC) in the college office within few days after the admission.
- Students who pass ‘O’ Levels first get Equivalence Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman Islamabad and then appear for interview.
The admission fee varies from one institute to other but should be deposited at the time of admission.
Duration of Program (Intermediate Commerce I.Com):
The duration of the program is two years. The BISE will conduct terminal examinations on completion of 1st Year and 2nd Year’s sessions. You should check the affiliation of the college with certain education board.