The two years in college lays the foundation of future professional career of the student. College is a place to learn and know your responsibilities in near future. In a college, a student has to know his responsibilities because teachers and parents make him realize that college life is tougher than school life. In Intermediate the choice of subjects solely depends on students own Internets and likes. In College you have to choose your subjects of interest. You can have many career options after doing intermediate in General Science group. Here I would like to give you some information regarding general science group as a combination in intermediate.
List of Subjects in General Science Group:
- Pakistan Studies
- Islamic Education
Any one of the following sets is offered to be selected:
|1. Statistics||2. Computer Science||3. Mathematics|
|1. Physics||2. Computer Science||3. Mathematics|
|1. Economics||2. Computer Science||3. Mathematics|
|1. Economics||2. Statistics||3. Mathematics|
Eligibility Criteria for General Science Group:
All the students who have qualified their Matriculation, O-Level or equivalent examination from any recognized Board / University can take admission in Intermediate (General Science Group) programs.
Admission Procedure and Required Documents:
Candidates will be selected based on the marks secured in Matriculation Examination as per schedule for admission. Students may be given a written test or be interviewed by a board. Candidate has to get prospectus of the desired institution offering intermediate programs in which he wants to get admission then after filling the admission form he has to attach his academic documents and then admission fee is deposited. The required documents include:
- Attested photocopies of SSC Result Card/ Certificate issued by the board.
- Photocopy of Character Certificate.
- Colored Photographs (passport size)
- Photocopy of Students’ NIC /Form B.
- Photocopy of Fathers’ NIC.
- Photocopy of Board’s Registration Certificate.
- Students pass SSC Exams from other Boards must deposit Original Migration Certificate (NOC) in the college office within few days after the admission.
- Students who pass ‘O’ Levels first get Equivalence Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman Islamabad and then appear for interview.
The admission fee varies from one institute to other but should be deposited at the time of admission.
Duration of Program (General Science Group):
The duration of the program is two years. The BISE will conduct terminal examinations on completion of 1st Year and 2nd Year’s sessions. You should check the affiliation of the college with certain education board.