Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology MEXT Japanese Government MEXT. The Research Student Scholarship has been announced for the various students and candidates. Who is eligible for the scholarships? The Next offers scholarships to foreign students. Who wish to study at Japanese universities as research students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2024. A student who majors in medicine, dentistry, or welfare science. Students will not be allowed to engage in clinical training such as medical care and operative surgery until. Candidates obtain a permit from the Minister of Health, Labour, and Welfare under applicable Japanese laws.
Majors in traditional entertainment such as Kabuki and classical Japanese dances. The subjects that seek practical training in specific technologies or techniques at factories or companies are excluded. This scholarship provides for college graduates to conduct an independent research project at a university in Japan under the supervision of a professor for 18 to 24 months. Applications are due on Friday, June 7. Those who pass the initial application screening will be asked to sit for an interview and a Japanese language exam in mid-July. The final selection will come from MEXT in February, with scholarship recipients departing for Japan in April or September of 2024.
MEXT Research Scholarship 2024 Apply Online
FIELDS OF STUDY:-
- Fields of study must be subjects which applicants will be able to study and research at Japanese universities.
- Keep in mind, however, that the field of study may be restricted to particular fields by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.(hereinafter referred to as the “Japanese diplomatic mission”)
(1) Nationality: Applicant must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. This applies at such times to stateless persons, too. The applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible. Applicant screening will be made at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of Applicant’s nationality (except where two or more countries are attended by the same Japanese diplomatic mission).
(3) Age: Applicant must have been born on or after April 2, 1979.
(4) Academic Background: Applicant must be a graduate of a Japanese university or have academic ability equal or superior to that of a Japanese university graduate. A person will be deemed to have academic ability equal or superior to that of a university graduate if him /her.