The advancement of computer technology has opened many career choices in the field of engineering and technology. However, a career in engineering is thought of as one of the best career options in the world and software engineering has great scope in every part of the world. A software engineer is the demand of every good company.
A software engineer can get an attractive salary and they can work in different areas like software houses, software publishers, wired telecommunication carriers, and in many IT companies where their demand is very high.
If you want to become a software engineer then you must have a great interest in computer science and an engineering degree. Software engineering is a very competitive and dynamic field that requires talented individuals.
- For admission to Computer & Software Engineering, the candidate having passed F.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science as major subjects will also be eligible. It is called CS with computer science and physics.
- In our country, many private and public sector universities offer software engineering programs. The list is available below. Then you have to apply to any university offering software engineering.
- You are requiring to appear in the entry test conducting by the university. However, then a final evaluation is depending upon your results.
- So, if you are selected for admission then after 4 years you will complete your engineering. Software engineering course duration is 4 years which comprises 8 semesters.
- Note: You must know about the university is PEC recognized or not before applying for admission to any university because The Pakistan Engineering Council is a regulatory body of engineers in Pakistan. The PEC grants registration certificates to those graduates only who complete their engineering studies from Universities offering engineering programs.
- After completing your degree you will require some experience to become professional engineering to earn a handsome salary. Software Engineering is a high-paid career option.
How to Become a Software Engineer in Pakistan
Career Opportunities for Software Engineers:
We can co-relate the Career opportunities with experience. More experience more will be the career opportunities. However, there are many job opportunities for software engineers in different organizations. So, they can work in organizations giving software solutions to people. They should refer to a newspaper advertisement for a job. So, the Software Engineering graduates can start their careers doing internships at any good company.
Basically, Computer Engineering has two career sides i.e. Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering. Every specific field has its own scope in the world. Computer Software Engineers can work as programmers, web developers, and E-commerce specialists with industries that build or use computer-based systems, such as telecommunications, automotive, aerospace, etc. However, the National and multi-national computer manufacturing companies; software design and development companies, computer networking companies. Software development companies as well as data processing departments of modern industries. And in areas where computers and computer-aided systems are using. Such as aeronautics and space science, the petroleum industry, chemical plants and power plants, and management consultancy organizations are some among the probable workplaces.
So, Software engineers with experience of several years may offer lucrative opportunities to work as system designers or independent consultants or may start their own computer consultation firms. Therefore you should seriously think about adopting this career choice and strive hard to achieve your goal.
Universities Offering Software Engineering in Pakistan:
Here is below names of few universities offering software engineering degree in Pakistan.
- Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering, Swabi
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET), Taxila
- The Mehran University of Engineering. & Technology (MUET), Jamshoro
- Foundation University Islamabad
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- NWFP University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
- NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
- Ghulam Ishaque Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology
- International Islamic University, Islamabad