Nursing is a health care provider profession and it is respectable profession. A nurse is like an angel for sick and suffered patients. A Nursing is a suitable career especially for girls who want to start their career in the field of medical. Nursing is a courageous profession because a nurse has to see suffered people all the time. Many Universities and institutes offer nursing education to the students. In Pakistan Nursing education is of four years duration and there are more than 200 public and private nursing schools running in Pakistan.
Pakistan Nursing Council is a regulatory body which has the authority to give licensed to Nurses, Midwives, Lady Health Visitors (LHVs) and Nursing Auxiliaries to practice in Pakistan. In Pakistan, overall there are four nursing examination boards one located in each province. All the nursing institutes are afflicted with these nursing boards.
Eligibility Criteria to get Bsc Nursing (4 years) Degree:
An applicant having minimum qualification of HSSC-II (Intermediate) in Pre– Medical Group or an equivalent qualification acknowledged by any BISE are entitled to look for admission in Bsc Nursing program. You can do first 18 months of diploma in midwifery with matriculation degree.
Different Programs in Nursing:
- BSCN 4 yrs Program
- Diploma in Midwifery
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery
- Diploma in Post Basic Nursing
Registration of nurses in Pakistan
Every nurse must get herself registered within one year after completing four year course from the nursing school and passing the nursing board examination. Only the registered nurses are offered jobs whether locally or aboard. The registration is remain valid for five years and can be renewed accordingly.
Pakistan’s Top Institutes offering the degree of Nursing:
Pakistani educational system included these famous nursing institutes:
- Institute of Nursing at Dow university of Health sciences Karachi
- Aga Khan University School of Nursing,
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences School of Nursing
- Institute of Nursing Dow University Of Health Sciences, Karachi
- Shifa College of Nursing Islamabad
- Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC)
- Zia Uddin University Hospital
- Saida Waheed FMH College of Nursing
- Jamshoro College of Nursing
- Liaqat National University
- Ilmiya Institute of Nursing
- People SON LUMS
- PGCON Peshawar
- Isra University
- St. James Hospital
- Life Saving SON
- Jinnah College of Nursing
- Islamic Mission Hospital
- Royal College of Nursing
- New Life College of Nursing
- Beachwood Inst. Of Nursing
- Nishtar College of Nursing
- Allama Iqbal Medical College Jinnah Hospital, Lahore
Job Opportunities for Nurses in Pakistan:
Women have bright opportunities in the field of nursing. Nursing profession provides great job opportunities abroad. Middle East countries offer attractive nursing jobs opening for women. Women can help their family to fulfill their financial needs by adopting this profession. Governments as well as private hospitals offer nursing jobs in Pakistan time by time.
In general Nurses have job opportunities in various fields such as: Pharmaceutical industry, in the field of Development, formulation, production or marketing of new drugs for clinical use, Self Employment (Pharmacy Stores) Hospitals, Investigation, Research Institutions, Drug control administration, Government departments, Universities, Armed forces etc