Fully Funded MS leading to PhD Scholarships for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. The COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) has an ongoing Faculty Development Program (FDP) to upgrade the quality of its faculty to meet its continuously growing requirements. So far 37 of our young faculty members are studying at UIUC in various disciplines and more have secured admission for the upcoming semester. Under the FDP initiative, fully funded MS leading to PhD scholarships at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA (www.uiuc.edu) or (www.illinois.edu) are being announced in the following fields: –
- Management Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Electrical/ Telecom/ Computer Engineering
- Physics/ Nano-Technology
The aspiring applicants must be Pakistani/AJK nationals and shall meet the following minimum criteria:
- Sixteen-year earned degree in the relevant subject.
- Throughout First class academic career.
- GMAT/GRE International (www.ets.org).
- TOEFL/ IELTS Scores. Possess NTS score of 50 or above.
- Maximum age by the closing date of application: 30 years.
- Persons in receipt of any other CIIT scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
Application Submission Procedure:-
Apply on the FDP (Faculty Development Program- UIUC Application Form), available on CIIT website link
(http:\\ciit-isb.edu.pk/seviceandfacilities/jobapplicationForms.aspx) along with non refundable Processing Fee of Rs.500/- in the form of pay order/demand draft in favor of COMSATS Institute of Information Technology from any bank.
Attach following documents along with the prescribed application form and pay order/ demand draft.
- Attested photocopy of CNIC
- Attested photocopies of all educational degrees/ certificates.
- Most recent photograph
- One-page ‘Statement of Purpose related to applicant’s objectives/ aspirations to pursue higher 10 studies in the particular field
- Brief description of areas of research interests
- NOC from the employer. (for in-service candidates)
- International GRE Score TOEFL Score/ IELTS Score or proof of date of registration for the test(s).
- Those candidates with no NTS score should register him/her for the upcoming NTS test and attach the proof of registration with the application form
- Two letters of reference from academic/research supervisors
- Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview and the final selection will be subject to the approval of the competent fora of CIIT.
- In all matters, decision of Competent Authority of CIIT will be considered as final
- The selected candidates will be offered faculty position on which they would be required to join the CIIT within 15 days of issuance of the offer letter.
- The faculty members would be required to complete all admission requirements of the scholarship by the notified deadlines by UIUC.
- The scholarship award would cover full tuition fee, living allowance and air travel allowance as prescribed by CIIT, from time to time. It will be subject to change as and when necessary
- The scholars availing the scholarship would be required to execute a five year service bond to serve CIIT fOr a specified period after successful completion of studies abroad.
- The selected scholars are expected to secure admissions and commence studies from Fall 2014 semester.