Here you can find ISSB Interview Sample Question and Answers and An interview is a face-to-face meeting, especially for the purpose of assessing the candidate for the job applied for. It aims at evaluating your academic knowledge, awareness of current topics, communication skills, clarity of thought and expression and sense of balance, and ability to extricate you from tricky situations. ISSB’S one of the most fundamental factors that contribute to the successful interview is the time and quality of preparation made by. Normally the President/ Vice President of the Services Selection Board will conduct the personal Interview. They are very senior Officer from the Armed forces. The degree of preparedness for an interview helps reduce the uncertain anxiety prior to the Interview. The amount of effort you wish to put into preparation is directly proportional to your output at the interview.
ISSB Interview Sample Question and Answers
How to plan your preparation?
Preparation develops Confidence and gears you for the anticipated grilling. Prepare the following:
How to Tackle:
Write down in neat and legible handwriting the PIQ form given to you. Try to put down everything in an orderly and crisp manner. Revise your Bio-data thoroughly. Try to form your own questions based on it. Answer them to your full satisfaction. Check your Bio-Date for grammatical and spelling errors. Remember discerning interviewer expects Zero error in the Bio-Data.
Try and collect as much information about the City in which you live, your School, College, place of interview and places you have visited. Be sure regarding your hobbies. For example, if you have written reading as a hobby, be sure about what you have been reading. The interviewer expects a serious reply. He expects the names of the authors and then will ask questions based on their themes.
A serious reader will score over others who refer to the cheap detective, thriller novels. The logic holds good for any other hobby you have mentioned in your PIQ. Be clear of your favorite subject and area of your interest in the subject, which you are/have specialized.
Refresh your knowledge. Then interviewer might ask you a few technical questions. A well-groomed look gives an image of thoroughness and a professional look. Your achievements should be brought out in a systematic order as and when you are asked about them. Follow the normal etiquette for the interview. Wait for the officer to speak first- Listen carefully before you speak.
Take a few long breaths this will calm down your nerves, after listening to the question carefully, clarify your doubts if any, before you answer the question. Think well before you answer. For more questions will follow your answers.
The New Technique adopted at the SSB Interview is RAPID FIRE questions. Listen to the questions carefully. Think well before you answer, elaborate your answers and tactfully take him on to your strong points. Do not overemphasize them.
Be very clear in your thought and expression. Don’t speak in a low voice; be loud enough so that interviewer doesn’t have to strain their ears. To be brief, brevity is the hallmark of a good communicator. Answer all the questions in a sequence. If you don’t know an answer then just be Honest. The Interviewer will respect integrity and honesty. Never boast about anything including your achievements. Never enter into an argument with the interviewer on any topic.
Must-Know this Stuff:
- The rank structure of the forces
- The current events
- Knowledge about your town
- Your projects
- Why do you want to join the forces?
- What will you do in case you do not get selected at selected?
(this is to see how determined you are in achieving your aim.)
- Have a plan B in case you exhaust all the chances then you will
take up the job.
- When the interviewer asks you to organize a trekking event remember the following points; or any other event the heading under which you can cover the preparations are:
- Initial Preparation
- Specific Items need for the event.
- Communication devise or means.
- On the day
- Keeping the journal and recording the event
ISSB Interview Sample Question and Answers
- Maintain proper Eye contact with the person who asks you the Question. This shows your confidence and honesty.
- Avoid using frequently words and phrases like” I mean”, “You know”, “well”, “as such” etc.
- In the end, you want to ask the officer any questions please do so, if not then so politely “I have no questions to ask you, sir.”
- Last but not the least, BE NATURAL. When the interview ends.
- If offered a Handshake, do so, if not just say, “Thank you for the
wonderful evening and put the chair back to its original position before leaving.
- Leave the place with a warm smile and a nod of the head. Close the door gently and leave the room.
Good luck with your interview.
- ISSB Centers in Pakistan
- ISSB Test Sample Mcq’s and Questions
- Guidelines to Pass ISSB Test
- Join Pakistan Navy by Short Service Commission
- Join Pakistan Air Force PAF as Commissioned Officer
- Maximum Age to Join Pakistan Army ( Age Limit)
- Pakistan Army Selection and Recruitment Centers
Appearance makes the man. You should dress up for the occasion. Most of the time you will be asked to attend the Interview in the PT. Kit it is better for you to keep a small pocket Comb and a neat and clean Handkerchief. Freshen up yourself before you set foot in the interviewer’s room. Your warm smile, excellent etiquette, and firm handshake will be a starting point.
As we have brought out earlier, RAPID Fire questions are the order of the. It means you will be asked to answer a number of questions after listening to them just once. Please listen to the question carefully. If you have not understood the question then ask for clarification. Try and answer the questions in the same sequence as put forth to you. Since the distance between you and the interviewing officer would be about 6 feet, you are expected to talk in a loud and clear voice. Take your time think and answer questions. DO NOT TELL A LIE. You will be caught.
ISSB Interview Sample Question
Interviewing Officers are usually hold the Rank of Colonel or its equivalent rank in the Navy/Air Force. Here are some of the tips which you will find useful while facing the Interviewing officer:
- Be tidy and well dressed. Wear simple clothes but fitting clothes. Do not wear Jewelry
- On entering the room with the panel and do what they say.
- Do not get over-anxious. A minor degree of nervousness is expected from everyone.
- Be yourself
- Polite and use words like “Please”, “Sir”, Do not sound egoistic.
- Be natural and never convey extravagant ideas like ” I would die for my country” or ” The best profession is the Defense Forces “.
- Do not lie or beat around the bush. If you are not sure of the answer say that you do not know. You are not going to be penalized for saying it.
- Be brief, loud, and clear.
- The major questions like why do you want to join the Army/Navy/Air Force? There are no perfect answers to this question. While answering it try to convey 4 or 5 facts such as:
- Defense services offer a Challenge to a young person
- Merit is given due recognition in the Forces.
- I will get an opportunity to learn and experience the latest technological inventions.
- Like an outdoor life rather than a 10 to 5 desk job.
- I will get an opportunity to mingle with all sorts of people and persons from different parts of the country.
- In my opinion, the uniformed forces offer reasonable pay and perks
- One of the most respected professions in Indian is that of a soldier.
- Be truthful in stating your hobbies. Be prepared to answer questions about it.
- Highlight your achievement in sports, NCC, and other extracurricular activities.
- Current affairs are regular readers of magazines and newspapers.
- When a situation is given to you think and answer is very specific and answer in the most practical way.
- Thanks to the Officer for his time before you leave the room.