There are many people around us who are passionate to learn English speaking and English grammar. English is that language which is accepted all over the world. If you want to do higher studies, than you cannot do it without knowing English language.
I will tell you the ways to improve your English speaking, vocabulary, writing and grammar skills.
Improve Your English Speaking Vocabulary Writing and Grammar Skills
- Make it a habit of listening to the English news on TV on regular basis with proper attention. Listen to the news for 1 hour daily and try to follow the English accent.
- Try to listen to the English music and English movies.
- Use the dictionary if you are not sure about the proper pronunciation of words. Look up the correct pronunciation of words that are hard for you to say.
- You should record your own voice and properly listen to the pronunciation mistakes. However, this is a very important exercise because doing it will help you become conscious of the mistakes you are making.
- To improve your vocabulary skills you should read a good English newspaper and select your topic of interests and then find the meanings of difficult words in that topic. Read that topic again and again to understand the complete topic. Add new words in your memory. It is better to make a diary and note down the words. Make a list and try to use new words in your writings and speaking.
- To enhance your grammar skills you should focus on your grammar skills for example correct use of tenses and forms of verbs.
- Take part in English debates and declamation contest. In this way you will develop a good English accent and confidence too.
- Read good articles from the internet and also listen to different articles, you will feel improvement after proper exercise.
- Talk to friends who are also learning English. Go out together for coffee and only speak English to each other.
- Try to be auditory learner and visual learner of English language.
- Solve online practice test which are available on the internet and then evaluate your skills. Keep a note of how you did and go back in a few weeks / months to see how you have improved.
- Don’t speak too fast! It’s important to use a natural rhythm when speaking English, but if you speak too fast it will be difficult for people to understand you.
- Be confident to speak English with your teachers and fellows. You cannot learn English until you are confident enough to face others boldly.
Remember, to improve your English speaking, writing and vocabulary skills you need to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and PRACTICE.