Ali bin Abu Talib (A.S.) was the cousin and son-in-Law of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). It is outside the scope of this presentation to record the numerous achievements andmerits of ImamAli (A.S.). His exalted personality is such that even the most learned scholars are at a loss to fathom his greatness.Themiraculous circumstance of ImamAli’s birth givesus an indication of his unique position in relation to Allah (s.w.t.). ImamAliwas born in 600A.D., on the 13th of Rajab, within the holy precincts of the Kaba, the house of Allah in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
ProphetMuhammad (pbuh&p) said this about ImamAli (A.S.): “I am the City of Knowledge, and Ali is the gate.” He also said: “Verily theHoly Qur’anis revealed on seven letters (levels) of which there is no letter which has not amanifest and a latent (esoteric) meaning, and verily Ali Ibne Abi Talib, with him is the (knowledge of) manifest and the latent (of it.)”Sahih al-Bukhari& Suyuti’s Itqaan. The above two Hadiths speak volumes about Ali’s knowledge.
His vast field of knowledge included biology, medicine, astronomy, the origin of universe (please refer to his famous sermon number one in Nahjul Balagha), philosophy, Islamic jurisprudence,mathematics, rhetoric, andmore.Hemademajor contributions to developing the grammar of the Arabic language. Nahjul Balagha: The title of this book means “Peak of Eloquence.”It was compiled by Syed Razi and contains sermons, letters and sayings of Imam Ali. It is said that its subject
matter is next only to the Qur’an in eloquence, guidance, and knowledge. It is a book that is not only beneficial to Muslims but to all mankind.
Here We Have Collection of Some most Common Hazrat Ali Quotes in English and Urdu for all Muslims.
Hazrat Ali Quotes in English
- Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).
- When some blessings come to you, do not drive them away through thanklessness.
- Every person who is tempted to go astray, does not deserve punishment.
- Our affairs are attached to the destiny decreed by Allah, even our best plans may lead us to destruction.
- One who rushes madly after inordinate desire, runs the risk of encountering destruction and death.
- O son of Adam, when you see that your Lord, the Glorified, bestows His Favors on you while you disobey Him, you should fear Him (take warning that His Wrath may not turn those very blessings into misfortunes).
- When Imam Ali was asked about Faith in Religion, he replied that the structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad.
- A virtuous person is better then virtue and a vicious person is worse than vice.
Quotes of Hazrat Ali in Urdu
- Insaan ka apnay Dushman se inteqaam ka sub say acha tariqa ye he k wo apni khoobiyo’n me izafa karey ‘Hazrat Ali (A.S).
- Wo gunah jis ka tumhein ranj ho, ALLAH k nazdeeq us nayki se behtar hai jis se tum main ghuroor paida ho jaye”. ( Hazrat ALI A.S ).
- Agar kisi ka zarf azmana ho to usko ziada izzat do Wo Aa’la zarf huwa to aap ko aur izzat day ga or kam zarf huwa to khud ko Aa’la zarf sumjhay ga ( Hazrat ALI A.S ).
- Hazrat ALI A.S Ka Farman Hay:- “Bura Dost Aag Ki Manind Hay” “Agar Jalta Hoga To Aap ko Jala Dega” “Aur Agar Bujha Hoga To Aap K Hath Kaaley Kar Dega”.
- Aazmaye Huwe Ko Azmana Bewakufi He. ( Hazrat ALI A.S ).
- Sab se bara gunah wo he jo karne walay ki nazar me chota ho (Hazrat ALI A.S).
- Ghareeb wo hai jis ka koi dost na ho. (HAZRAT ALI (A.S).
- Agar tum kisi ko chota dekh rahey ho, to tum usay door se dekh rahey ho, Ya phir ghuroor se dekh rahey ho ( Hazrat ALI A.S ).
- Dunya Daaro’n ki sohbat ikhteyaar na karo kyun K Agar tu Tang-dast huwa to ye tujhe Chorh Denge aur agar tu Dawlat-mand huwa to Tujh se Hasad karen gay.( Hazrat ALI A.S ).
- “Yeh na socho k ALLAH dua foran qabool kyun nahi karta, yeh shukar karo k ALLAH hamaray gunaaho’n ki saza foran nahi deta..” ( Hazrat ALI A.S )