DAE stands for diploma in Associate Engineering which is of three years duration. Students after completing their matric class can get admission in DAE diploma. The degree of DAE is equivalent to HSSC or 12th standard. The government of Pakistan recognizes DAE as equivalent to intermediate pre-engineering. Basically it is a technical education degree and students gain skill in their particular field of DAE. Students after completing DAE diploma can directly serve in different industries.
After successful completion of diploma of associate engineering you can employment as supervisors, machinery technicians, electrical technicians, foreman, sub engineers, Instructors, operators, fitter, superintendents and many more designations. There are hundreds of Government Institutes and Private Institutes in all over Pakistan which are offering this diploma.
In Punjab, Punjab Board of Technical Education, Lahore and Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority, Lahore is responsible Government Bodies for Technical Education. In Sindh, Sindh Board of Technical Education, Karachi is responsible Government Board for Technical Education. In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Technology, Peshawar is responsible for this technical education.
DAE Admission Procedure and Subjects Compulsory and Elective
Types of DAE diploma:
There are many different types of DAE diploma, so that you can get the skill of your own choice. The list is given below:
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Telecommunication Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Computer Hardware Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Auto & Diesel Technology
- Civil Technology
- Auto & Farm Machinery Technology
- Architecture Technology
- Bio Medical Technology
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology
- Dress Making & Dress Designing Technology
- Fine Arts Technology
- Cast Metal And Foundry Technology
- Computer Technology
- Die And Mold Technology
- Food Processing and Preservation Technology
- Food Technology
- Glass Ceramics And Pottery Development Technology
- Instrument Technology
- Leather Technology
- Foundry and Pattern Making Technology
- Metallurgy and Welding Technology
- Mechanical Technology (With Specialization In Construction Machinery Technology)
- Petro-Chemical Technology
- Petroleum Technology
- Precision Mechanical and Instrument Technology
- Printing And Graphic Arts Technology
- Textile Dyeing and Printing Technology
- Textile Spinning Technology
- Textile Weaving Technology
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma of Associate Engineering:
All the students who have qualified their Matriculation, O-Level or equivalent examination from any recognized Board / University can take admission in Diploma of Associate Engineering DAE program.
Admission Procedure and Required Documents:
Candidate has to get prospectus of the desired institution offering DAE programs in which he wants to get admission then after filling the admission form he has to attach his academic documents and then admission fee is deposited. The required documents include:
- Attested photocopies of SSC Result Card/ Certificate issued by the board.
- Photocopy of Character Certificate.
- Colored Photographs (passport size)
- Photocopy of Students’ NIC /Form B.
- Photocopy of Fathers’ NIC.
- Photocopy of Board’s Registration Certificate.
- Students pass SSC Exams from other Boards must deposit Original Migration Certificate (NOC) in the college office within few days after the admission.
- Students who pass ‘O’ Levels first get Equivalence Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairman Islamabad and then appear for interview.
The admission fee varies from one institute to other but should be deposited at the time of admission.
Duration of Program (DAE):
The duration of the program is three years. The institution will conduct terminal examinations on completion of 1st Year and 2nd Year and 3rd year sessions. You should check the affiliation of the college with certain technical education board.