The Beaconhouse National University admits students annually in August; the schedule is detailed in the BNU Academic Calendar. Students awaiting their FA / F.Sc /A-Level, BA / BSc results may apply for admission. Selected candidates will be granted provisional admission only, which may be regularized after they have been declared successful and meet the admission requirements of BNU.
BA / BSc (Hons) Programmes
- To be eligible for admission to undergraduate programmes, a candidate must satisfy any one of the following requirements:
- FA/ F.Sc with at least 2nd division (i.e. 495 marks).
- O-levels (in at least 8 subjects)
- 3 A-levels with at least an average of C-grade. Advanced Subsidiary (AS) will not be taken into account.
- International Baccalaureate High School Diploma result with at least 2.5 CGPA and equivalence certificate from IBCC.
- Admission of students whose academic and other qualifications are lower than those prescribed in (i) above, would not be considered for admission. Where provisional admission is considered advisable, the approval of the Vice Chancellor will be required through the Registrar.
- Students admitted on provisional basis under (ii) above must submit their transcript within first year of the program; otherwise they will not be allowed to join their third semester.
- Student terminated from one school on the basis of poor academic performance or on disciplinary ground will not be eligible to seek admission to any other school of BNU.
- Similarly cases of admission of student, rejected by one school, into another school will require the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
In addition, students applying to BNU will be expected to take a written (English) test followed by an interview for the candidates short listed after the written test.
Students applying for admission to the Schools of Visual Arts and Design or School of Architecture will be required to take a 4 hour Drawing Test followed by an interview for short listed candidates.
Candidates with work experience in communication/media/performance related work will be given preference at the Departments of Theatre, TV and Film Studies and Journalism. Evidence of work such as published material or portfolio of work will be required for short listed candidates.
All other schools require mandatory written/aptitude tests to be taken on dates specified by the University.
MA / MSc Programmes
To be eligible for placement in the postgraduate programs at the Beaconhouse National University, a candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in the Humanities or Sciences from a recognized foreign or local education system with placement in the second division.
A person with a Master’s or professional degree from a recognized institute of higher learning is also eligible for admission to postgraduate programs. The candidate may be awarded Advanced Standing or be given credit for courses already covered.
BNU will provide individual academic advisory counseling to such students. The adviser will review the past academic work and present a recommendation to the Dean/Chairperson of the concerned School.
- MA or 16 years of education with BA (Hons.) from a recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 2.5
- A GAT, General Test from the National Testing Service is mandatory
- Written/Aptitude test, Interview
Criteria for admission:-
- For admission into PhD minimum CGPA 3:00 in MS/M.Phil or first Division in annual system is required.
- Comprehensive Examination
- 18 credit hour of course work is essential before thesis